- Good Times with Laziz Times 23. September 2018
- “UMENA” TV… Voice of Youth in the MENA 18. September 2018
- Meet ‘Al Maa’mal’ digital magazine 11. September 2018
- Meet the Teams: DMV Lab’s Media Management Training 28. August 2018
- Media Management Training (Journalism) 1. August 2018
- Media Management training 2018 by Digital Media Viability lab 3. July 2018
- The Challenges of Media Startups 9. May 2018
- Opinion: A “post-truth” world? 8. May 2018
- Maharat and DW Akademie address fake news and media viability in international conference 8. May 2018
- The “Fake News and Media Viability” Conference Concludes in Beirut 2. May 2018
- 2nd Day of the “Fake News and Media Viability” Conference 26. April 2018
- Interviews from the Fake News and Media Viability Conference 25. April 2018
- Day 1 of the “Fake News and Media Viability” conference 25. April 2018
- Is legislation the best solution for dealing with fake news? 25. April 2018
- Launch of Fake News and Media Viability Conference 24. April 2018
- Conference – Fake News and Media Viability 17. April 2018
- Maharat Explores New Revenue Channels for Media Platforms 16. April 2018
- What do you use social media for? 9. April 2018
- Media Market Trends in the Region 3. April 2018
- Should media companies today act like startups? 15. March 2018
- Maharat aims to train and empower Arab media experts in Antwork space, Beirut 5. March 2018
- Launch of Media Management Training 5. February 2018
- Design thinking workshop organized by Maharat and DW Akademie: facing challenges to reach innovation in media startups 17. January 2018
- Day 1-Media and Innovation: Opportunities for Sustainability of Independent Media Startups 9. January 2018
- Interviews – “Media and Innovation”: Opportunities for Sustainability of Independent Media Startups 12. December 2017
- “Media and Innovation”: Opportunities for Sustainability of Independent Media Startups 7. December 2017
- Applications closed for Media Management Training 8. August 2017
- Idea Labs in Beirut, Amman and Casablanca 19. May 2017
- Applications open for Media Management Training 15. March 2017
- German Government Funds Digital Media Viability 1. January 2017
- Success of Digital Media Viability Conference 2. December 2016
- Videos – Digital Media Viability Conference, Beirut, 29 November to 1 December 2016 1. December 2016
- Agenda – Digital Media Viability Conference, Beirut, 29 November to 1 December 2016 20. November 2016
- Introduction to Digital Media Viability Conference, Beirut, 29 November to 1 December 2016 1. November 2016
Our latest news
Three one-day “idea labs” were held in April and May of 2017 in Beirut, Amman and Casablanca. The events were organised by Maharat Foundation and DW Akademie as part of their programme Digital Media Viability 2017-2019.
Around a dozen people, chosen from the media scene in each country, attended each event. The idea was that the invitees be a diverse group in which each person could bring an interesting perspective to the question of digital media viability in their home market.
The activities the group was asked to take part in during the day were designed using techniques from the methodology of human-centred design.
In the morning session, the group was split in pairs. In these groups of two, each person interviewed the other about their reaction to the question - “What do your country’s media need to become better businesses?” The results of these interviews were then presented to the entire group and discussed.
In the afternoon session, the invitees were spilt into groups of three or four and each smaller group had to come up with a detailed proposal outlining how they would spend USD$500,000 in two years to help the sustainability of media organisations in their country. These proposals were then presented to entire group and discussed.